How to recognize a bed bug infestation in Dixon
The easiest way to recognize a bed bug infestation in Dixon is if anyone starts to complain about bug bites that happen during the night. Bed bugs are most active about an hour before dawn, and bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito bites.
Both bed bugs and their eggs are visible to the human eye. Eggs will look like small poppy seeds, and adults can grow to approximately 1/4″ in length and have an oval, flattened shape. Bed bugs do not like the sunlight and often hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. They have this in common with mosquitos, though bed bugs do not have wings. Scientifically known as Cimex lectularius (Cimicidae), bed bugs are often found in the nesting areas of birds, bats, and also humans. Because they are often found in beds, sofas, and other human “nesting” areas, they have earned the common name of “bed bug.”
How to get rid of bed bugs
Because they are so small and can hide in so many places, bed bug extermination in Dixon can be a lengthy process. Extermination will happen much quicker if you work with a pest control company that has experience eliminating bed bugs. Call HomeShield today at 916-802-1234 and we can help you get started eliminating these nasty pests.
Bed bug extermination and treatment options:
Following are some ways that you can expedite the extermination process:
- Launder bedding and garments at 120 degrees fahrenheit or hotter to kill bugs and eggs
- Try vacuuming up the infested areas, being careful to get all cracks and crevices
- Scrape bedding and other infested areas as eggs are hard to dislodge
- Work with a pest control professional to treat all infested areas and other areas likely to be infested
- Be sure to treat any former bird or bat nesting areas, as they may also be infested
For more suggestions on how to exterminate your bed bug problem or to get started with a professional bed bug exterminator in Dixon, call us at 916-802-1234.
Other services we provide in Dixon
At HomeShield Pest Control, we provide multiple services for both residential and commercial properties, including:
- Ant removal / control
- Aphid control, offering systemic injections
- Attic cleaning services Dixon
- Bed bug extermination Dixon
- Bird control
- Cockroach extermination / control
- Lawn care treatment and fertilizing services
- Pest control Dixon
- Rodent exclusion & proofing Dixon
- Rodent control Dixon / removal (rats & mice; also gophers, moles, & voles)
- Spider control (black widow, brown recluse, etc.)
- Termite inspections Dixon
- Termite control Dixon
- Wasp removal
- Weed control
- Wildlife trapping Dixon
Call 916-802-1234 to get started today!
Bed Bug Extermination: Dixon Neighborhoods and Zip Codes we Service
We service the following zip codes in Dixon: 95620
We also service all of the neighborhoods and areas in Dixon, including near: Batavia Road, Currey Road, Dixon Avenue East, Dixon Avenue West, East A Street, Evans Road, Hall Memorial Park, Lincoln Highway, Midway Road, North 1st Street, North Lincoln Street, North Adams Street, Northwest Park, Pedrick Road, Pitt School Road, Porter Street, Rio Dixon Road, Robben Road, Schroeder Road, Sievers Road, Silveyville Cemetery, Silveyville Road, South Almond Street, South Lincoln Street, Stratford Avenue, Thissell Road, Vaughn Road, West A Street, and West H Street.