What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. They have this in common with mosquitos, though bed bugs do not have wings. Scientifically known as Cimex lectularius (Cimicidae), bed bugs are often found in the nesting areas of birds, bats, and also humans. Because they are often found in beds, sofas, and other human “nesting” areas, they have earned the common name of “bed bug.”
How to recognize a bed bug infestation in Granite Bay
The easiest way to recognize a bed bug infestation is if anyone starts to complain about bug bites that happen during the night. Bed bugs are most active about an hour before dawn, and bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito bites.
Both bed bugs and their eggs are visible to the human eye. Eggs will look like small poppy seeds, and adults can grow to approximately 1/4″ in length and have an oval, flattened shape. Bed bugs do not like the sunlight and often hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
How to get rid of bed bugs
Because they are so small and can hide in so many places, bed bug extermination can be a lengthy process. Extermination will happen much quicker if you work with a pest control company that has experience eliminating bed bugs. Call HomeShield today at 916-802-1234 and we can help you get started eliminating these nasty pests.
Bed bug extermination and treatment options:
Following are some ways that you can expedite the extermination process:
- Launder bedding and garments at 120 degrees fahrenheit or hotter to kill bugs and eggs
- Try vacuuming up the infested areas, being careful to get all cracks and crevices
- Scrape bedding and other infested areas as eggs are hard to dislodge
- Work with a pest control professional to treat all infested areas and other areas likely to be infested
- Be sure to treat any former bird or bat nesting areas, as they may also be infested
For more suggestions on how to exterminate your bed bug problem or to get started with a professional bed bug exterminator in Granite Bay, call us at 916-802-1234.
Other services we provide in Granite Bay
At HomeShield Pest Control, we provide multiple services for both residential and commercial properties, including:
- Ant removal / control
- Aphid control, offering systemic injections
- Attic cleaning services Granite Bay
- Bed bug extermination
- Bird control
- Cockroach extermination / control
- Lawn care treatment and fertilizing services
- Pest control Granite Bay
- Rodent exclusion & proofing Granite Bay
- Rodent control Granite Bay / removal (rats & mice; also gophers, moles, & voles)
- Spider control (black widow, brown recluse, etc.)
- Termite inspections Granite Bay
- Termite control Granite Bay
- Wasp removal
- Weed control
- Wildlife trapping Granite Bay
Call 916-802-1234 to get started today!
Our Granite Bay Neighborhoods
Following are some of the neighborhoods we service in the Granite Bay, California area:
- Ashley Woods
- Clos du Lac
- Eden Roc
- Folsom Lake Estates
- Granite Bay Hills
- Grey Hawk
- Grosvenor Downs
- Hidden Lake Estates
- Los Lagos
- Treelake Village
- Twin Rocks
- Walden Woods
- Winter Hawk
Our Granite Bay, California Zip Codes
We also service the following zip code in the city of Granite Bay, California: 95746
To learn more about this or any of our other pest control Sacramento services, call 916-802-1234 today!