What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. They have this in common with mosquitos, though bed bugs do not have wings. Scientifically known as Cimex lectularius (Cimicidae), bed bugs are often found in the nesting areas of birds, bats, and also humans. Because they are often found in beds, sofas, and other human “nesting” areas, they have earned the common name of “bed bug.”
How to recognize a bed bug infestation in Carmichael
The easiest way to recognize a bed bug infestation is if anyone starts to complain about bug bites that happen during the night. Bed bugs are most active about an hour before dawn, and bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito bites.
Both bed bugs and their eggs are visible to the human eye. Eggs will look like small poppy seeds, and adults can grow to approximately 1/4″ in length and have an oval, flattened shape. Bed bugs do not like the sunlight and often hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
How to get rid of bed bugs
Because they are so small and can hide in so many places, bed bug extermination in Carmichael can be a lengthy process. Extermination will happen much quicker if you work with a pest control company that has experience eliminating bed bugs. Call HomeShield today at 916-802-1234 and we can help you get started eliminating these nasty pests.
Bed bug extermination and treatment options:
Following are some ways that you can expedite the extermination process:
- Launder bedding and garments at 120 degrees fahrenheit or hotter to kill bugs and eggs
- Try vacuuming up the infested areas, being careful to get all cracks and crevices
- Scrape bedding and other infested areas as eggs are hard to dislodge
- Work with a pest control professional to treat all infested areas and other areas likely to be infested
- Be sure to treat any former bird or bat nesting areas, as they may also be infested
For more suggestions on how to exterminate your bed bug problem or to get started with a professional bed bug exterminator in Carmichael, call us at 916-802-1234.
Other services we provide in Carmichael
At HomeShield Pest Control, we provide multiple services for both residential and commercial properties, including:
- Ant removal / control
- Aphid control, offering systemic injections
- Attic cleaning services Carmichael
- Bed bug extermination
- Bird control
- Cockroach extermination / control
- Lawn care treatment and fertilizing services
- Pest control Carmichael
- Rodent exclusion & proofing Carmichael
- Rodent control Carmichael / removal (rats & mice; also gophers, moles, & voles)
- Spider control (black widow, brown recluse, etc.)
- Termite inspections Carmichael
- Termite control Carmichael
- Wasp removal
- Weed control
- Wildlife trapping Carmichael
Call 916-802-1234 to get started today!
Our Carmichael Neighborhoods and Zip Codes
We service the following zip codes in Carmichael: 95608, 95609.
We also service all of the neighborhoods and areas in Carmichael, including: Allante Estates, Beauchamp Orchards, Carmella Grove, Crestview Estates, Fountaindale, Frontier Oaks, Garfield Estates, Garfield North, Glademont, Grantwood Estates, Haggin Grove, Jewel Heights, Lincoln Hills, Madison Square Gardens, Manzanita Gardens, Manzanita Hills, Nob Hill Estates, Olivegate, Poplar Vista, Poppleton Estates, Quail Creek Estates, Riverdale Estates, Rosemary Gardens, San Juan Hills, Shelfield Estates, and Wheaton Ranch.
To learn more about this or any of our other pest control Sacramento services, call 916-802-1234 today!