One of the most beautiful cities in Alameda County, California, Emeryville is known for its diverse population, strong economy, and vibrant culture. Its residents can enjoy many highly-rated restaurants, entertainment options, and a bounty of parks and outdoor spaces most of the year, thanks to the area's pleasant weather. It is also home to several major companies and organizations, including Pixar Animation Studios, Novartis, and Bayer Healthcare.
But it is also home to many pests that can wreak havoc in many ways, leading to dangerous illnesses, expensive home repairs, and loss of business. The area is known to have plenty of ants, cockroaches, mosquitoes, rodents, spiders, and more.
If one or more of these pests have taken over, HomeShield Pest Control provides pest control in Emeryville that you can rely on to get rid of them from residences and businesses safely and for good.
Residential Pest Control In Emeryville
If pests have invaded your home, you want to act quickly. Many invaders like rodents and cockroaches multiply exceptionally fast, and spotting a few can sometimes mean a significant infestation behind walls and under appliances.
Letting an infestation increase can lead to many issues that can be costly if allowed to grow bigger. For example, mosquitoes can transmit dangerous diseases like the West Nile virus or dengue fever, and cockroaches can spread salmonella and cause gastrointestinal illnesses throughout your household. Rats can attack people once they are a certain size and feel threatened.
It's best to exterminate an infestation immediately with the right treatments and prevention strategies. Call us today to learn more about our residential pest control services.
Commercial Pest Control In Emeryville
When it comes to helping business control and eliminate pests such as insects, rodents, and other unwanted invaders, look no further than our top-rated commercial pest control services. Our friendly and experienced team of service professionals can help keep your place of business free of pathogens, wood-destroying insects, and other pests that can drive your customers away and harm your employees.
Our services start with a thorough inspection to identify pest problems and devise the most appropriate treatment plan for your situation. Strategies may include creating an interior barrier, treating beneath breeding areas and entry points, sweeping for spider webs and wasp nests, inspecting the structure of your home, and more.
Our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and we go beyond one-time treatments to ensure your infestation does not return. Taking the appropriate measures to control an infestation can also be an effective deterrent for other pests; contact us today to find out more.
Health Risks From Having Rodents In Emeryville
Even small rodents can cause significant problems and make everyone in your home and business sick. Rodents, especially mice and rats, can transmit multiple diseases, including the following:
- Hantavirus: This virus is transmitted through the urine, droppings, or saliva of infected mice and can cause severe respiratory illness in humans.
- Salmonella: Rodents, especially rats, can carry and transmit salmonella, a bacteria which can cause food poisoning in humans.
- Leptospira: This bacterial disease is transmitted through the urine of infected rodents and can cause symptoms ranging from a mild flu-like illness to severe kidney damage and even death.
- The plague: A bacterial disease transmitted to humans through the bites of infected fleas, which rodents can carry. It can cause symptoms ranging from fever and chills to severe respiratory illness and death.
Because of rodents' health risks, it is best to have experienced professionals deal with the problem. You'll also need to disinfect surfaces while the infestation is still active and use prevention strategies to keep rodents out. For professional rodent control, you can rely on, contact us today.
Six Certain Signs Of Bed Bugs In Your Emeryville Property
Bed bugs are some of the trickiest pests to get rid of because they are relatively small, can hide in hard-to-reach areas like behind electrical outlets, and generally come out at night when everyone is asleep. These small, reddish-brown insects feed on the blood of humans and might be in your home if you notice any of the following signs:
- Bug bites: One of the most common signs of bed bugs is the presence of bite marks on your skin. Bed bug bites are often itchy; you will generally find them on exposed areas of the body, such as the face, neck, arms, and legs.
- Bloodstains: Bed bugs can leave small, reddish-brown stains on sheets, pillowcases, and other bedding materials after feeding.
- Exoskeletons: As bed bugs grow and shed their skins, they may leave behind translucent exoskeletons.
- Live bed bugs: Seeing live bed bugs shows you have an infestation. They are usually active at night and may be found in or around the bed and in other areas of the home.
- Odor: Bed bugs can produce a musty, sweet smell that some people may be able to detect.
- Fecal matter: Bed bugs may leave small, dark-colored spots on bedding, furniture, and other surfaces from feeding and excretion.
If you suspect you have bed bugs, contact us as soon as possible.
How do you get rid of bed bugs? Our professional strategies might include sealing cracks or crevices in the home, using insecticides specifically formulated to kill bed bugs, heat treatments, and more. Additionally, you will want to wash and dry all bedding and clothing on high heat to try and control the infestation as soon as you spot it.
Pests are a problem you don't have to live with at any time. HomeShield Pest Control has the tools and experience to help you safely eliminate them. Call today for a free quote and to schedule an inspection.