Complete Fall Pest Prevention Guide For Vero Beach Residents
November 27, 2022
Your home should be a safe place for you to relax and unwind. However, it is impossible to feel comfortable when you have bothersome pests invading your home. At HomeShield Pest Control, we have decades of experience eliminating pests with Vero Beach pest control that really works. Here is a look at everything you need to know about eliminating pests in your home.
The Many Pests That Are Known To Invade Vero Beach Homes
Vero Beach's warm climate makes it the ideal destination for many pests. Some of the most common types of pests that people find in their homes include:
- Bed bugs
Because the temperatures rarely drop below freezing in South Florida, these pests can be found in your Vero Beach home all year long.
The Many Problems Pest Infestations Can Create In Your Home
Pests can be more than just an annoyance. These common creatures may be small, but they can cause some big problems for you and your family, including:
- Damage your home: Rodents have sharp teeth that allow them to easily chew through boxes, sheetrock, wood, and other dense materials. They can climb into your walls and chew the electrical wiring in your home. This is not only expensive to repair, but it can also be a potential fire hazard.
- Deliver harmful bites and stings: Pests like bed bugs, mosquitoes, and fleas can leave itchy bites that have the potential to become infected. Wasps, bees, and certain species of ants could sting you. The sting not only leaves a painful sensation that can last for several hours, but the venom that is injected into you could cause severe allergic reactions in certain people.
- Spread illnesses and diseases: All of the pests that are commonly found in Vero Beach are unhygienic creatures. Most of them spend their days crawling around through piles of trash and other unsanitary surfaces. They can then go into your cupboards and kitchen and leave behind various harmful bacteria and viruses.
No matter what pests have found their way to your property, HomeShield Pest Control can help you prevent the problems that pests bring to your home.
Six Natural And Effective Fall Pest Prevention Tips
All pests are looking for three things: food, shelter, and water. If you deny them these necessities, they will not want to come into your home. Some of the best natural and effective ways to prevent pests from coming into your home include:
- Keep all food items, including pet food, in metal or glass containers that have a sealable lid.
- Keep a lid on the trashcans inside and outside of your home.
- Move your outdoor trashcans away from your home.
- Seal off any cracks or gaps around the windows and doors of your home.
- Don't leave your porch lights and other outdoor lights on all night.
- Make sure none of your interior or exterior pipes are leaking.
These six tips are easy and inexpensive to do and can help you keep pests away.
Getting Rid Of The Pests In Your Home For Good
If some of the annoying pests do find their way into your Vero Beach home, HomeShield Pest Control can help get rid of them for good. When you call us, we will schedule a time to perform a thorough inspection of your home and property. If we find any pests, we will work with you to come up with a comprehensive plan to get them out of your home and prevent them from coming back. Call us today to see how we can help you regain a pest-free life.