Don't Let Cockroaches In Vero Beach Live Rent-Free Inside Your Home
October 27, 2022
Cockroaches, one of the worst parasitic pests in Florida, can spread dangerous diseases and contaminate your food very quickly. If you have roaches in your home, it is time to learn to recognize a cockroach infestation, understand why they are so hazardous to your health, and find out how to remove the factors that attract these unwanted invaders.
If you are dealing with a cockroach infestation, HomeShield Pest Control provides pest control in Vero Beach that you can rely on to eradicate safely and effectively.
How To Tell If You Have A Cockroach Infestation
You can tell you have a roach problem if you see any of these clues:
- Live cockroaches: If you see a live cockroach, you most certainly have an infestation or will have one soon because they reproduce quickly and are great at hiding.
- A strong offensive smell: Roaches release a musty, oily, off-putting smell that is distinctive and impossible to ignore.
- Cockroach exoskeletons: Roaches will molt throughout their life cycle and discard the hard layer surrounding their body.
- Smear marks: Cockroaches are unsanitary for many reasons, and the trails of feces they leave around are one of the biggest ones.
If you see any of these signs of a cockroach infestation, you need to understand why they are hazardous to your health.
Why Roaches Are So Hazardous To Your Health
Roaches are hazardous to your health because they are vectors of dangerous diseases. Of all the illnesses they can transmit, some of the worse ones are cholera, dysentery, giardia, leprosy, listeriosis, and salmonellosis. They can spread disease in many ways, including contaminating your food supply. It is essential to disinfect surfaces regularly and keep all food items out of their reach as much as possible.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Cockroaches
To remove factors that attract cockroaches, you can try these roach control techniques:
- Keep your home clean: While cockroaches can invade any home, they are especially attracted to food, standing water, and sugary spills. Keep your floors and surfaces clean and disinfected to help deter them.
- Remove sources of standing water: Cockroaches can go for a while without food, but they will need water regularly. Fix leaks wherever possible, and make sure that your drains and garbage disposal are not clogged.
- Keep food stored away safely: In addition to cleaning up spills and putting leftovers away, it is crucial that you keep your food supply in closed containers that cockroaches cannot get into.
- Dispose of dead cockroaches safely: Dead cockroaches attract live ones, but a pest control company can show you how to dispose of them correctly.
Removing the factors that attract cockroaches is not always enough. When basic prevention methods are not enough, it is time to call the pros who can show you how to get rid of cockroaches for good.
How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches In My Home Forever?
To get rid of cockroaches in your home forever, you must remove factors that attract cockroaches and hire a quality pest control company to conduct regular inspections and apply treatments as needed. HomeShield Pest Control proudly offers the best cockroach control services in Vero Beach to eliminate them.
Contact us today to conduct a home inspection. Our treatments are child, pet, and eco-friendly, and safely eradicating your infestation is our top priority. Our licensed technicians are insured, bonded, and ready to help you put your cockroach problem behind you.