Don't Let Wasps Take Over Your Vero Beach Backyard
October 11, 2022
Nobody likes to see wasps on their property. These flying insects may be small, but their stings can pack a punch that could leave you in pain for hours or even days. If you see wasps hanging around your home, you need the help of a knowledgeable Vero Beach pest control specialist like the experts at HomeShield Pest Control. There are also a few things that you can do to keep yourself and your family safe from being stung.
How To Tell If You Are Dealing With A Wasp Infestation
Seeing a wasp outside of your Vero Beach home isn't necessarily a cause for concern. However, if a wasp decides to set up shop in your yard, one wasp can quickly turn into a full-blown infestation.
Some of the telltale signs to look for to determine if you have a wasp infestation include:
- Loud buzzing noise: Wasps like to hide out of sight. Sometimes, you will hear a group of wasps before you see them.
- Wasp nests: Mason wasps, red wasps, paper wasps, and mud dauber wasps are commonly found in Florida. All of these species like to build nests to lay eggs and protect themselves from predators. If you notice a wasp nest near your home, you are more than likely dealing with an infestation.
- Damaged wood: Paper wasps build their nest out of materials including wood fibers. If you notice damage to your trees, fences, and other wood structures, it could mean that you have several paper wasp nests on your property.
If you notice any of the signs listed above, contact HomeShield Pest Control for safe, effective wasp removal services.
How Wasps Can Take The Fun Out Of Your Outdoor Space
Not all of the wasps that live in Vero Beach will sting you if left unprovoked. However, paper wasps and red wasps are considered to be the most aggressive types in the area. If you get near their nests, you could end up with a painful sting. And for people who are allergic to a wasp's venom, getting near an aggressive wasp could be a deadly mistake.
Five Eco-Friendly Wasp Prevention Tips Around Your Yard
There are plenty of wasp sprays that are currently available on the market; however, these sprays can be harmful to you or the environment. Here are five eco-friendly options to help deter wasps from invading your property.
- Remove bird feeders, fallen fruit, and other food sources.
- Keep lids on all outdoor trash cans.
- Cover any holes that you find in your fences and other wooden structures.
- Use caulk to seal off any gaps and cracks around the windows and doors of your home.
- Place natural herbs and essential oils, like peppermint, lemongrass, and clove around the exterior of your home to repel the wasps.
The best way to deal with a wasp infestation is to prevent it from happening in the first place. By following these five steps, you can reduce your chances of having a wasp infestation around your home.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of A Wasp Problem In Your Yard
It can be incredibly dangerous to try and remove a wasp nest from your property on your own. Instead, you should get help from the professionals at HomeShield Pest Control. If you have a wasp nest or another sign of a wasp infestation on your Vero Beach property, give us a call today. We can quickly and safely remove all wasps from your property.