How To Keep Bed Bugs Out Of Your Orange County Business
November 12, 2021
Bed bugs are one of the most troublesome infestations to remove from your Orange County business – understanding these pests and how to prevent them can help you keep your business clear of this pesky insect.
Understanding Bed Bugs
While most people think that bed bugs only live in places with beds, the truth is that bed bugs can be found in many different places, including most businesses. While this pest does prefer living in beds, even buildings without beds can host a bed bug infestation. Popular bed bug hotspots include hotels and motels, airports, train and bus stations, offices, gyms, shopping centers, schools and dorms, movie theatres, and libraries.
Bed bugs are likely to be found in all of these places due to how they travel from area to area. This insect is adept at hiding in clothing, suitcases, and furniture; as individuals travel and go about their day, they will move the bed bugs from location to location, starting up new infestations and providing the bed bugs with new hosts.
In your business, bed bugs are likely to be hiding in upholstered furniture, in gaps between the baseboard and walls, underneath the carpet, and smaller cracks or gaps in the walls. Bed bugs are hard to prevent pests due to their small size and even harder to remove once an infestation takes place, as bed bugs are often hiding out in the hard-to-reach areas- full bed bug removal is best left to the professionals at HomeShield Pest Control.
Signs of Bed Bugs In Your Business
There are several signs that you can look out for indication that your business has a bed bug infestation:
- Finding live or dead bed bugs around your business is a major sign of a bed bug infestation. Typically there will be many more bugs present than you can see, so if you are finding many dead bugs around, the infestation may be larger than you think.
- Bed bugs leave behind stains after they have moved around or fed on hosts. Keep an eye out for small red or rust-colored stains on furniture, walls, and floors around your business.
- Bed bugs will occasionally leave behind white sticky eggs. If you find collections of these around your business, you may be dealing with a serious infestation.
- Even though bed bugs are a nocturnal pest and come out at night, you may find that you or your daytime employees develop red, itchy areas due to bites.
- Bed bugs let off an offensive, somewhat musty odor as they live in your business. If you start smelling a bad odor around your office, in addition to seeing other bed bug signs, it is an indication of an infestation.
Also, keep in mind that while looking out for bed bug signs, an employee may have a home infestation. This will help you to get a head start on potential infestation issues before they get out of control in your business.
Professional Bed Bug Prevention
Bed bugs are one of the hardest pests to prevent. If you end up with bed bugs in your business, you should call the professionals at HomeShield Pest Control right away. We offer eco-friendly pest control services and a 100% guarantee. Our experts will get to the source and eliminate your bed bug problems. Call us today for your free quote.