The Best Way To Get Rid Of Roaches In Orange County
July 19, 2021
Cockroaches are a seriously gross pest that we normally associate with dirty conditions, but don't be fooled. They will invade your home or business, no matter how clean it is. Though Orange County cockroaches can make themselves at home anywhere, they are most commonly found in a variety of human-occupied spaces such as restaurants, food processing facilities, hotels, nursing homes, and other institutional facilities.
They prefer warm, humid places, and will gravitate to places like kitchens, bathrooms, or wherever people congregate. Homeowners should be sure to check dens, living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchens often. They tend to seek any crack or crevices near a food or water source.
Cockroach Species In Orange County
Some of the cockroaches common to the Orange County area are:
- German cockroaches: German cockroaches are the most common species of cockroach in the United States, so it would be no surprise to find these roaches. Light brown to tan in color, they prefer to run instead of fly and are most commonly found in warm and humid places.
- Brown-banded cockroaches: Brown-banded cockroaches are dark brown in color and have the iconic antennae and brown bands. They prefer dry climates and are most often found in urban settings. Homeowners may easily spot them in kitchen cabinets.
- American cockroaches: American cockroaches are reddish-brown in color and appear to be almost translucent in appearance. They prefer mild 70-degree weather and thrive in sewers, basements, and around drains and pipes.
What Attracts Cockroaches To Your Home?
If you find cockroaches in your Orange County home or place of business, don't be embarrassed. Sure, they are known for being an indicator of poor hygiene and lack of cleanliness, but it is also true that cockroaches can and will thrive anywhere.
Cockroaches are a commonly known hitchhiking pest and typically find their way into a new habitat by latching onto things like cardboard boxes, shopping bags, drink cartons, and secondhand appliances or furniture—things that you regularly bring into your spaces. Cockroaches come to your home searching for:
- Warm, humid environments
- Leftover food or crumbs
- Anything that could be construed as a food source, especially pet food
- Rotting food
The Dangers Of Cockroaches
Cockroaches are more than just a gross nuisance pest. But why are cockroaches dangerous? These pests pose a very real health threat that Orange County homeowners and business owners should be aware of:
- Certain allergens can be found in a cockroach’s saliva, fecal matter, and inside their bodies that can actually cause allergic reactions or trigger asthma.
- Cockroaches transmit 33 kinds of bacteria and even more pathogens of other kinds including E. coli, salmonella, and parasitic worms from their bodies.
- The bacteria that they can transmit can spread to the human bloodstream and cause life-threatening infections.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has reported that cockroaches can carry pathogens that cause diseases including gastroenteritis, dysentery, cholera, leprosy, typhoid fever, plague, poliomyelitis, and salmonellosis.
Orange County Cockroach Extermination
There is no being an alarmist when it comes to cockroaches. These pests are nearly impossible to evict without professional cockroach control treatments and they have the potential to cause serious health risks if you come into contact with them. At the first sign of cockroaches in your home or place of business, contact HomeShield Pest Control immediately for a plan of action that you can trust.