Expert Pest Solutions In Palos Verdes Estates, CA
How do you effectively keep Palos Verdes Estates pests out of your home or business? The secret is in understanding treatment points. At HomeShield Pest Control, we have identified four key treatment points. We're going to discuss how treating certain areas provides long-lasting and sustainable management of pests. If you need immediate assistance with Los Angeles County pest control, jump to our contact page and tell us about your pest problem.
Residential Pest Control In Palos Verdes Estates, CA
On your first home pest control service visit, your technician will do a detailed inspection and get right to work solving any pest control issues found. The first two treatment points will be the interior of your home and inside your garage.
- Your technician will inspect cracks, crevices, wall joints, rafters, and other common locations where pest activity may be found.
- A barrier treatment will be applied to repel pests.
- Webs in your garage will be removed, and walls, ceilings, and rafters will be swept. This works to deter spiders from creating webs and removes egg sacs that can have as many as 400 eggs in them.
Once your home's interior and your garage have been treated, your technician will focus on the perimeter around your home and your yard. These exterior treatments will be all that is needed for subsequent service visits as the products and methods we use outside your home are more than efficient for preventing interior pest problems.
- A treatment is applied to your perimeter to create a three-foot barrier around your home.
- Trouble spots such as entryways and trash receptacle locations will be treated.
- Spider webs and wasp nests are swept from eaves, overhangs, entryways, porch roofs, windows, swing sets, other play structures, and sheds.
- Granular products are applied to landscaping and flower beds to discourage nesting.
- Spot treatments are applied up to 30 feet from your home.
In every season, your Palos Verdes Estates home gets what it needs to reduce pest activity and keep pests from getting inside.
Commercial Pest Control In Palos Verdes Estates, CA
In many ways, commercial pest control looks like residential pest control. We arrest pest activity inside your business and establish exterior pest management to keep pests out. We also offer specialized control options for unique issues. These are addressed on a case-by-case basis. No two businesses are exactly the same.
We customize your service plan to meet your specific needs and budget. If bed bugs are a concern for you, we offer routine inspections and targeted treatments. If birds are creating a problem, we install a deterrent to keep those birds away. During your initial service, we'll discuss the pests that are a concern for you and guide you toward an appropriate pest management solution.
Identifying Gopher Problems On Your Palos Verdes Estates Property
When you start to see lots of holes in your yard and no sign of dirt mounds, you have a gopher problem. If there are mounds of dirt, they will be in a fan shape around the holes. The other common lawn pest that creates mounds of dirt is the mole. A mole's hole will have a volcano-shaped mound of dirt around it. There will also be more than six feet between each mole hole. Gophers can have several holes in close proximity.
There isn't a lot you can do about preventing gophers from coming into your yard. The best prevention is early detection. When you see evidence of gophers on your property, contact HomeShield Pest Control for our humane gopher control service.
The Complete Guide To Effective Rat Control In Palos Verdes Estates
Mice and rats can create a lot of trouble. Fortunately, there are many ways you can prevent trouble, such as:
- Remove objects from your yard. Mice and rats have poor eyesight. One of the ways they navigate is by using their whiskers like a blind man uses a cane. If you have objects in your yard, you'll make it easier for mice and rats to cross your lawn and get to your landscaping.
- Trim bushes and shrubs near the bottoms. If you do this, you will make it difficult for mice and rats to hide underneath.
- Remove weeds and other unnecessary vegetation from your landscaping to further address the issue of mice and rats finding places to hide.
- Move stacked wood, leaves, branches, and other organic materials away from your exterior. These are particularly attractive as hiding places for rodents.
- Keep garbage in covered containers and deodorize your receptacles as needed.
- Move bird feeders away from your exterior. Mice and rats love seeds.
- Seal exterior entry points.
These tips can keep mice and rats out of your home. If more control is needed, reach out to us for our rodent control service. Our technicians have the training and experience to get complete control of rodent pests.