How To Recognize A Bed Bug Infestation
The easiest way to recognize a bed bug infestation is if anyone starts to complain about bug bites that happen during the night. Bed bugs are most active about an hour before dawn, and bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito bites.
Both bed bugs and their eggs are visible to the human eye. Eggs will look like small poppy seeds, and adults can grow to approximately 1/4″ in length and have an oval, flattened shape. Bed bugs do not like the sunlight and often hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. They have this in common with mosquitos, though bed bugs do not have wings. Scientifically known as Cimex lectularius (Cimicidae), bed bugs are often found in the nesting areas of birds, bats, and also humans. Because they are often found in beds, sofas, and other human “nesting” areas, they have earned the common name of “bed bug”.
How To get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Because they are so small and can hide in so many places, bed bug extermination in Rolling Hills Estates can be a lengthy process. Extermination will happen much quicker if you work with a pest control company that has experience eliminating bed bugs. Call HomeShield and we can help you get started eliminating these nasty pests.
Bed Bug Extermination & Treatment Options
Following are some ways that you can expedite the extermination process:
- Launder bedding and garments at 120 degrees Fahrenheit or hotter to kill bugs and eggs
- Try vacuuming up the infested areas, being careful to get all cracks and crevices
- Scrape bedding and other infested areas as eggs are hard to dislodge
- Work with a pest control professional to treat all infested areas and other areas likely to be infested
- Be sure to treat any former bird or bat nesting areas, as they may also be infested
For more suggestions on how to exterminate your bed bug problem or to get started with a professional bed bug exterminator call us today.
Other Services We Provide In Rolling Hills Estates, CA
At HomeShield Pest Control, we provide multiple services for both residential and commercial properties, including:
- Ant removal / control
- Aphid control, offering systemic injections
- Bed bug extermination Rolling Hills Estates
- Bird control in Rolling Hills Estates, CA
- Cockroach control/extermination in Rolling Hills Estates, CA
- Pest control Rolling Hills Estates, CA
- Rodent exclusion and proofing in Rolling Hills Estates, CA
- Rodent control in Rolling Hills Estates, CA
- Spider control
- Termite control and inspections in Rolling Hills Estates, CA
- Wasp removal
- Wildlife trapping in Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Call us now to get started today!
The Local Neighborhoods & Zip Codes We Service
We service the following zip codes in Rolling Hills Estates: 90274, 90275.
We also service all of the neighborhoods and areas in Rolling Hills Estates, including the areas near and around: Browndeer Lane, Chadwick School, Crest Road, Ernie Howlette Park, Hawthorne Boulevard, Highridge Park, Highridge Road, Indian Peak Road, Indian Valley Road, Kingspine Road, Palos Verdes Drive, Palos Verdes Peninsula High School, Peninsula Riding Club, Ranchview Road, Rolling Hills Country Club, Rolling Hills Road, Saddle Road, Silver Spur Road, South Coast Botanic Garden, and Willow Wood Road.
We also provide pest control in Los Angeles County.