How To Recognize A Bed Bug Infestation
The easiest way to recognize a bed bug infestation is if anyone starts to complain about bug bites that happen during the night. Bed bugs are most active about an hour before dawn, and bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito bites.
Both bed bugs and their eggs are visible to the human eye. Eggs will look like small poppy seeds, and adults can grow to approximately 1/4″ in length and have an oval, flattened shape. Bed bugs do not like the sunlight and often hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. They have this in common with mosquitos, though bed bugs do not have wings. Scientifically known as Cimex lectularius (Cimicidae), bed bugs are often found in the nesting areas of birds, bats, and also humans. Because they are often found in beds, sofas, and other human “nesting” areas, they have earned the common name of “bed bug”.
Bed Bug Extermination & Treatment Options
Following are some ways that you can expedite the extermination process:
- Launder bedding and garments at 120 degrees Fahrenheit or hotter to kill bugs and eggs
- Try vacuuming up the infested areas, being careful to get all cracks and crevices
- Scrape bedding and other infested areas as eggs are hard to dislodge
- Work with a pest control professional to treat all infested areas and other areas likely to be infested
- Be sure to treat any former bird or bat nesting areas, as they may also be infested
For more suggestions on how to exterminate your bed bug problem or to get started with a professional bed bug exterminator call us today.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In San Gabriel, CA
Because they are so small and can hide in so many places, bed bug extermination in San Gabriel can be a lengthy process. Extermination will happen much quicker if you work with a pest control company that has experience eliminating bed bugs. Call HomeShield and we can help you get started eliminating these nasty pests.
Other Services We Provide In San Gabriel, CA
At HomeShield Pest Control, we provide multiple services for both residential and commercial properties, including:
- Ant control/removal in San Gabriel, CA
- Aphid control, offering systemic injections
- Bed bug extermination in San Gabriel, CA
- Bird control in San Gabriel, CA
- Cockroach control/extermination in San Gabriel, CA
- Pest control San Gabriel, CA
- Rodent exclusion and proofing in San Gabriel, CA
- Rodent control in San Gabriel, CA
- Spider control
- Termite control and inspections in San Gabriel, CA
- Wasp removal
- Wildlife trapping in San Gabriel, CA
Call us now to get started today!
Our Los Angeles County Pest Control Services
In Los Angeles County, we provide reliable home pest control and commercial pest control solutions.
Home Pest Control
Learn more about our home pest control solutions.
Commercial Pest Control
Learn more about our commercial pest control solutions.
The Local Neighborhoods & Zip Codes We Service
We service the following zip codes in San Gabriel: 91775, 91776, 91778.
We also service all of the neighborhoods and areas in San Gabriel, including the areas near and around: Alhambra Road, Almansor Park, California Street, Del Mar Avenue, Euclid Avenue, Gladys Avenue, Glendon Way, Las Tunas Drive, Longden Avenue, Main Street, Mission Road, New Avenue, Norwood Place, Ramona Street, Rose Avenue, Rubio Wash, San Gabriel Boulevard, San Gabriel Country Club, San Marino Avenue, Valley Boulevard, and Walnut Grove Avenue.
We also provide pest control in Los Angeles County.