What Chula Vista Needs To Know About HomeShield Pest Control
Chula Vista is one of Southern California’s prized metro cities. As the 15th largest city in California, this giant of the San Diego metro currently houses over a quarter-million people. ‘Chula Vista’ is translated from Spanish to mean ‘beautiful view.' This is phrase is specifically referring to views of the stunning San Diego Bay and mountain foothills visible from Chula Vista homes. The city has been experiencing some rapid growth in the past several years, and this rapid population boom is not expected to slow down for some time.
Of course, this city of the ‘beautiful view’ has some unpleasant aspects, most of which are often swept aside by short-term visitors. Home and business owners in Chula Vista are more than familiar with the amount of pest activity occurring within their city's borders. Unfortunately, this is a rapidly changing situation that may have dire consequences. As the human population rises, so do attacks from ants, rodents, termites, and other local pests. Pest control for commercial and residential properties is no longer an optional part of life in Chula Vista.
When it comes to preventing pest activity, your home needs a shield—not just a barrier. At HomeShield Pest Control, we offer effective pest control for San Diego County residents and make it our mission to go a step further than the competition, protecting homes with 100% natural insecticide products. By combining more than a decade's worth of experience with a heart for service, we guarantee 100% satisfaction in your pest control treatments or your money back! Submit a contact form to HomeShield Pest Control to see us in action for yourself.
Residential Pest Control In Chula Vista, CA
Pest control matters no matter where you live. HomeShield Pest Control has been proud to provide residential pest control services to Chula Vista homeowners for more than 10 years. Since 2009, our primary mission has been to serve homeowners and their families with the safest possible pest control plan on the market. Today, we offer residential pest control plans that provide:
- Additional treatments for sidewalks and driveways
- Perimeter protection around the lawn
- Product barriers sprayed inside, outside, and in garage spaces
Get an estimate for your personalized residential pest control plan. Call HomeShield Pest Control as soon as possible.
Commercial Pest Control In Chula Vista, CA
HomeShield Pest Control offers affordable commercial pest control plans for Chula Vista businesses in many different industries, including:
- Places Of Worship
- Strip Malls
- Healthcare Offices
- Manufacturing And Storage Facilities
- Multi-family Housing
- Shopping And Retail Centers
Work smarter—not harder—with commercial pest control plans from HomeShield Pest Control. Call today to receive your free quote right away.
Chula Vista's Solution To Rodent Control Problems
The rodent family includes many of the common pests found around Chula Vista. Squirrels, gophers, voles, mice, and rats are just a few of the more frequently spotted household invaders in this area. Rodents are particularly well known for their ability to destroy property. Rats and mice contaminate food sources simply by chewing through packaging. Squirrels and gophers can gnaw through and otherwise destroy important parts of your property. Finally, voles can create small tunnels under your lawn to chew on roots and leaves.
Much of the rodent control around Chula Vista revolves around professional services. This is important for many reasons:
- Non-toxic sprays protect your family from chemical burns, discolorations, or ingestions.
- Guaranteed pest services will treat your home between scheduled visits if necessary.
- Five-point pest protection shields all aspects of your home, including the lawn, patio, interior, exterior, and garage.
Rodent control from the team at HomeShield Pest Control is specifically designed to maximize potential benefits while minimizing all other risks. We promise to return your home to a rodent-free state—no strings attached. Inspect your home for signs of rodent activity with help from the service technicians at HomeShield Pest Control.
How To Prevent Ants From Invading Chula Vista Homes
Although there are many ways to prevent smaller pests from invading Chula Vista homes, some insects are almost impossible to manage using do-it-yourself (DIY) remedies alone. Some of these smaller species include ants. Ants occur in many unique varieties around Chula Vista, including species like odorous house ants, pavement ants, fire ants, and carpenter ants.
Here are some of the best methods of ant prevention:
- Remove all food and garbage from the home.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum frequently to ensure that there are no crumbs on the floor of your home.
- Dedicate time to cleaning up wild spaces in the yard. Trim grass, prune trees and clear out any overhanging shrubbery.
Ant prevention techniques are often very difficult to enact alone. Instead of relying on possibly flawed or toxic remedies, trust in the efforts of HomeShield Pest Control. Our team offers ant control services in Chula Vista, CA and has the ability to quickly assess and remove ant species from your property without harming the local habitat. Schedule a helpful ant inspection at your earliest convenience by calling your local HomeShield Pest Control office.
Getting Your Chula Vista Property Ready For Termite Season
A termite problem can be difficult to prevent, but here are some natural ways to make your Chula Vista home less attractive to these pests:
- Eliminate any contact between soil and wood: Subterranean termites can be drawn to homes that allow easy access between wood and soil, so you’ll want to create distance between wooden siding and soil around your home.
- Fix any leaks: If you’ve got leaking roofs, pipes, or other moisture issues, it may only be a matter of time before you end up with termites. Most termites, especially dampwood termites, are drawn to water-damaged or rotting wood.
- Get rid of clutter: Cellulose materials, like paper, cardboard boxes, newspapers, and other excess clutter, can attract termites. Try to regularly de-clutter your home of any items with cellulose.
- Regularly check for termites: Checking for the signs of termites listed above can help you catch infestations early.
And, as mentioned above, the best way to catch termite infestations – or find ways that you may be attracting them – is by working with a pest control company.
The Problems Bed Bugs Can Cause In Your Chula Vista Home
While bed bugs do bite, but they’re not known to transmit diseases like cockroaches do. However, that doesn’t mean they aren’t without health concerns – from insomnia to secondary infections, bed bug infestations are only detrimental to your health:
- Secondary infections: While they don’t directly cause infections, the itchy, red welts that bed bugs leave behind can develop secondary skin infections from repeated scratching. Common infections include ecthyma, lymphangitis, and impetigo.
- Insomnia: Once homeowners become aware that they’ve got bed bugs living in their home and that they’re being bitten during sleep, many people start to develop insomnia. It’s often difficult to get a good night’s sleep when you know there’s bed bugs waiting to feast on your blood, and this can even lead to anxiety too.
- Allergies: Although it’s common for people to have mild allergic reactions to bed bugs, a small percentage of people can have severe, whole-body reactions to bed bug bites.
- Anemia: While this is uncommon, bed bug infestations that grow large enough and go untreated for long enough can actually cause symptoms of anemia in the people they’re biting.
Even if they don’t directly transmit disease, the health concerns of a bed bug problem are still dangerous. Having an infestation in your home can mean waking up covered in bug bites, battling insomnia, or even developing anemia if it’s left untreated for long periods of time. This is why it’s crucial to use professional bed bug control in Chula Vista.
Everything That Attracts Wasps To Chula Vista Yards
Wasps may wander into your yard by accident but they can also be attracted to certain things too, such as:
- Sugary drinks and sweets: Sugary beverages and sweet foods, like fruit or leftover dessert, can bring wasps in – especially during the fall and winter seasons.
- Food: While they hunt in the spring and summer, wasps are always on the lookout for protein-rich foods like leftover meat or scraps in your garbage can.
- Flowering plants: The sweet fragrance of flowers and their nectar can be another draw for wasps, so they’re often attracted to yards with thriving gardens and flowering plants.
The Problems That Come With Pigeons Around Your Chula Vista Property
Even if they look harmless, pigeons can become dangerous if you get too close, and here’s how:
- Their droppings can contain harmful bacteria and fungi. From E. Coli to salmonellosis and histoplasmosis, pigeon droppings can put you at risk for a number of dangerous bacteria or fungi. While these conditions can cause symptoms in anybody who comes in contact with infected droppings, they put young children, elderly adults, and anybody with a weakened immune system most at risk.
- They can carry mites or fleas. Along with droppings that may be chock-full of bacteria or fungi, pigeons are also less than sanitary – and may carry mites or fleas with them. If a pigeon comes in contact with you or a pet, they may transfer mites and fleas and cause you a whole new set of problems.
- They can carry the West Nile virus. One virus that pigeons have been associated with is the West Nile virus. Although most pigeons aren’t aggressive and generally don’t attack people, there’s always the small risk of a bite – especially if you’ve got nesting pigeons that are trying to protect their young.
Whether they’re trying to steal food from you or leaving their droppings everywhere, pigeons spell bad news for your Chula Vista property – and coming in contact with them can put you or those around you at risk for a variety of reasons.
Specialty Services We Provide In Chula Vista, CA
At HomeShield Pest Control, we provide a variety of specialty pest control services, including the following options: