Trustworthy Pest Solutions For Escondido, CA Home & Business Owners
Escondido, CA is a vibrant community in beautiful southern California where the weather is nice pretty much all year long. While this is great for spending time outside, it also means we need to think about pests all year long, too. Pests can invade homes and businesses where they might spread disease or damage property. For local home or business owners, this means you need to consider the steps you’re taking to keep your property safe.
Here at HomeShield Pest Control, we offer pest control solutions for San Diego County property owners like you. With a residential or commercial pest control plan from us, you can rest assured your property is in good hands. Contact us today for a free quote or to schedule your initial service.
Specialty Services We Provide In Escondido, CA
Residential Pest Control In Escondido, CA
Here at HomeShield Pest Control, we take a total control approach to our residential services. The way this works is we target five key areas of your property with regularly scheduled treatments to ensure your property remains pest-free throughout the year.
The five areas we target are:
By treating these five areas, we create a protective barrier around your property so that pests stay away at all times.
While treatments can vary based on your property’s needs, typical treatments include:
- Eco-Friendly Spray Treatments
- Yard Granules
All of our services come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If pests resume activity around your property between visits, we will come back to retreat at no additional cost to you. To learn more about our residential pest control services in Escondido, contact us today.
Commercial Pest Control In Escondido, CA
No matter what line of work you are in, pests are bad for business. Not only can they cause damage to your property, but they can also drive away customers, damaging your reputation in the community. If you want to keep pests out of your business, you need solutions you can trust.
We begin with a thorough inspection of your property, focusing on high-frequency areas. During this inspection, we look for signs of life, entry points, and any other conditions that are conducive to infestations. Once we have completed the inspection, we will draw up a treatment plan specific to your property’s needs. Treatments might include web and nest removal, eco-friendly spray treatments, traps, baits, and yard granules.
Follow-visits can be scheduled around your needs. These are integral to ensuring your property remains pest-free at all times. To learn more about our pest control plans for Escondido, CA businesses, schedule your first visit, or to receive a free quote, get in touch with us today.
Escondido’s Easy-To-Use Guide To Termite Control
Although small in size, termites can cause tremendous amounts of damage to properties. These ant-like insects feed on cellulose found in wood. As such, they will eat, and destroy, almost any wood they find inside a property. Therefore, it’s important to take preventative measures to keep these destructive pests out. These include:
Install dehumidifiers in areas with moisture buildup.
Remove or replace any rotting or water-damaged wood.
Fill in cracks in your home’s foundation.
Limit wood-to-soil contact around your property.
Are The Wasps In Escondido Harmful To Humans?
Wasps are perhaps best known for their large stings which they use to protect themselves from threats. While menacing looking, many people wonder just how dangerous wasps truly are.
The truth is one wasp usually won’t hurt you too bad unless you are allergic to their stings. However, when you get nests on your property, you aren’t dealing with just one wasp. Wasps, unlike bees, can sting more than one time in a row. Therefore, if you encounter even just a few wasps, you could endure tons of stings. If stung enough, you may need to seek medical attention. Overall, whether your allergic or not, you don’t want wasps living on your property.
If you are dealing with wasps in Escondido, CA, contact the professionals here at HomeShield Pest Control for assistance.
How To Keep Stinging Insects Away From Escondido Homes
Stinging insects like wasps and hornets can be a very big issue for locals if they loiter around Escondido homes. They will sting people they feel have provoked them, which can result in a series of allergic reactions that can span from mild pain to nausea and vomiting. In order to keep these pests away, try the following tips:
- Decorate your yard. Stinging insects are very territorial, so decorate your yard with paper lanterns or brown paper bags to mimic other nests.
- Keep a clean yard. Always pick up fruit that may have fallen from trees, opt to grow plants like lavender, thyme, rosemary, and marigolds, and scale back all trees and hedges.
- Protect yourself. Stay away from bright-colored clothing and bold prints and instead, opt for light colors. It’s also important to use unscented laundry detergents and soap.
- Keep things clean. When hosting outdoor gatherings, always keep food covered, clean up spills, and keep trash in a bin with a lid.
- Bring in professional help. One of the most effective ways to get rid of stinging insects and prevent their return is by getting rid of old and active nests, and professionals are the most qualified to do so.
For more information on stinging insect control in Escondido, call HomeShield Pest Control today.
The Ultimate Rodent Prevention Guide For Escondido Property Owners
Rodents are harmful pests that sneak into Escondido properties, but with a few distinct efforts, rodent infestations don’t have to happen:
- Tidy up the yard. To keep rats and squirrels from climbing inside, trim back trees, hedges, and shrubs that might come into contact with your home.
- Address moisture issues in all of their forms. Whether it’s leaky pipes, condensation build-up in crawl spaces, or humidity in the basement, it’s imperative that homeowners eliminate moisture problems.
- Be cognizant of food. Rodents will eat any form of food, so sweep up crumbs, mop up spills, do dirty dishes swiftly, and clean up after mealtime. It’s also important to store food in sealed containers.
- Clean up. Rodents thrive in cluttered areas, so opt for plastic storage containers in basements and attics rather than cardboard boxes and get rid of stacks of old papers.
- Fill in openings. To keep rodents out of the home, fill in cracks in foundations with steel wool, wire mesh, and silicone-based caulk. Apply weatherstripping to loose windows, and don't leave doors and garages open for extended periods of time.
- Seek professional help. Consider working with a pest pro for continued support against rodents and for the safest way to eliminate and prevent rodents in your home.
For more information on rodent control in Escondido, contact HomeShield Pest Control today.
Flea Control Methods & Products In Escondido
Escondido homeowners can encounter flea problems very easily, and the health risks that arise from flea infestations can include tungiasis, murine typhus, heartworm, and tularemia. In order to prevent flea issues, homeowners with pets should consider speaking with their veterinarians about year-round flea control and perform detailed inspections after pets have been outside or have come into contact with unknown pets at the dog park. It’s also important to limit the presence of wildlife and rodents on a property because they are common carriers of fleas. Residents can prevent rodents and wildlife by storing trash in sealed bins, using decoy animals around the yard, and eliminating moisture issues.
When it comes to flea control, the most reliable method is professional help from the team at HomeShield Pest Control. Our signature Escondido flea control begins with a detailed property inspection so that we can understand how fleas are interacting with your property. From there, we apply an eco-friendly fast-acting treatment to harborage areas and around the house. To ensure a flea-free home, we recommend ongoing support and services. For more information, contact us today.
Five Early Signs Of Cockroaches In Your Escondido Home
Cockroach infestations are common for Escondido homes, and because they can quickly grow out of control, it’s important to look for these early warning signs:
- Finding egg sacs and eggs around the home
- Noticing any number of cockroaches, whether they’re adults or nymphs
- Coming across little nibble marks on food boxes
- Seeing shed body parts and molted skin
- Smelling an overwhelming mildew-like scent
Any of these signs might indicate a cockroach infestation in your home, and if you notice them, the safest solution is to call HomeShield Pest Control. We have been providing eco-friendly treatments to homeowners since 2009 and we apply these methods to homes like yours today. Our technicians perform thorough inspections to locate hot spots, entry points, and also to understand what’s attracting cockroaches to begin with. Each of the products that we use is safe for children and pets as well as the environment, and we also provide a 100% roach-free guarantee so that you can have a safe home environment going forward. For more information on our Escondido cockroach control offerings, call us today.