Finding a cockroach in your home is not something you want to experience. These pests are not only gross, but they can also spread diseases and contaminate food. If you're dealing with a cockroach infestation of any size, you need to take action to eliminate them.
Unfortunately, many traditional methods people use against these pests are not safe for humans or pets. Many store-bought sprays and traps contain chemicals that can be harmful if inhaled or ingested. If you have children or pets in your home, you need to be extra careful about the products you use to eliminate cockroaches.
The good news is that there are safe and effective ways to eliminate cockroaches without harsh chemicals. HomeShield Pest Control provides effective, eco-friendly cockroach pest control in Los Angeles County. With our help, you can eradicate cockroaches without putting your family at risk.
If you're ready to say goodbye to your cockroach problem, contact HomeShield Pest Control today. We'll be happy to provide you with a free quote for our services and get started on your cockroach-free home.
Easy-To-Spot Signs Of A Cockroach Infestation
Cockroaches are one of the most common and despised household pests. They're also one of the hardest to eliminate once they've infested your home. But how can you tell if you're dealing with an infestation? Here are some easy-to-spot signs of cockroaches in your home:
- You see them during the daytime: One of the most common and easiest-to-spot signs of a cockroach infestation is seeing the critters during the daytime. Cockroaches are nocturnal creatures, so if you see them scuttling around during the day, it's a good indication of a nest somewhere in your home.
- You hear them at night: Another telltale sign of a cockroach infestation is hearing them at night. If you hear faint scratching or scurrying noises coming from your walls or under your furniture, you may have a cockroach problem.
- You smell them: Cockroaches produce an oily, musty smell that gets stronger as their population grows. If you notice an unusual musty odor in your home and can't figure out where it's coming from, it could be due to a cockroach infestation.
- You see droppings: Cockroaches leave behind small, dark droppings wherever they go. If you find tiny, black specks on your counters, cupboards, or floors, it signifies cockroaches are in your home.
- You find egg casings: Cockroaches lay their eggs in small egg casings. These egg casings are usually brown or black and about half an inch long. If you find these in your home, chances are good that you have a cockroach problem.
By being on the lookout for early signs of a cockroach infestation, you can take action to get rid of these pests before they have a chance to multiply. If you see signs in your home, contact HomeShield Pest Control immediately. We know how to get rid of cockroaches for good and will work quickly to eliminate them from your property.
At HomeShield Pest Control, we specialize in preventing and managing cockroach infestations. Our experienced technicians will inspect your home, identify the problem's source, and devise a customized treatment plan to eliminate the roaches. Call today to request a free quote.
How Cockroaches Are Hazardous To Your Health
Cockroaches are one of the most ubiquitous pests in the world. They’re also most resilient; they can survive without food for a month and water for two weeks. Cockroaches are more than just a nuisance; they’re also a health hazard. Here’s why you should be on the lookout for these pests:
- Cockroaches can carry disease-causing bacteria: Cockroaches spread disease-causing bacteria such as salmonella, E. coli, and staphylococcus. They do this by contaminating food and surfaces with their feces and regurgitation. These diseases can cause food poisoning, diarrhea, and respiratory infections. Cockroaches can also trigger asthma attacks in people allergic to their feces or shed skin.
- Cockroaches can cause allergic reactions: As mentioned above, cockroaches can trigger asthma attacks in people allergic to them. But that’s not all; cockroach allergies are also a leading cause of dermatitis (skin inflammation). Symptoms of a cockroach allergy include itchiness, swelling, redness, and blistering. If you suspect you have a cockroach allergy, you must see a doctor to receive treatment and avoid further exposure to these pests.
- Cockroaches can quickly infest your home: Cockroaches can infest your home by entering through cracks and crevices in walls or floors. Once inside, they reproduce quickly; a female cockroach can lay up to 50 eggs at a time, and be a challenge to eradicate. The health hazards associated with cockroaches can soon multiply if you have an infestation.
If you suspect a cockroach infestation, it’s best to call a professional exterminator. Attempting to eliminate them yourself will likely be unsuccessful and may even worsen the problem.
At HomeShield Pest Control, we use safe, effective methods to eliminate cockroaches and prevent them from returning. Our products are eco-friendly, and our services are guaranteed. Call today to request a free quote. We'll be happy to help you protect your home from these harmful pests.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Home
If you're looking for a way to get rid of cockroaches in your home without harming the environment, eco-friendly cockroach control from HomeShield Pest Control is the best option. Here's why:
- Our eco-friendly pest control is safe for your family: The first and most important reason to choose it is that it's safe for your family. Traditional pest control methods use chemicals that can harm your health if misused. Eco-friendly pest control utilizes natural ingredients that are safe for your family and won't cause health problems.
- Our eco-friendly pest control Is good for the environment: Another good reason to choose eco-friendly pest control is that it's better for the environment. Traditional pest control methods can harm the environment if you use them incorrectly. At HomeShield Pest Control, our eco-friendly pest control is gentle on the environment without damage.
- Our eco-friendly pest control is effective: Contrary to popular belief, eco-friendly pest control can be just as effective as traditional pest control methods. At HomeShield Pest Control, we use products by EcoSMART, the only 100% green insecticide that has proved effective.
If you're ready to say goodbye to cockroaches, consider eco-friendly pest control from HomeShield Pest Control. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our services, so you can rest assured that you're getting the best possible results. You can call us today to schedule your free quote.
Five Tips To Prevent Future Cockroach Infestation
If you’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with a cockroach infestation, then you know how crucial it is to prevent them from returning. Here are some steps you can take to deter cockroaches from making their way into your home:
- Keep your home clean: Food and water attract cockroaches, so it’s essential to keep your kitchen clean and free of crumbs. Wipe down counters and appliances, sweep and mop floors, and empty garbage cans regularly. Fix any leaks in your plumbing so cockroaches don’t have a water source.
- Store food in sealed containers: Another way to deter cockroaches is to store all food in sealed containers. Be sure to seal any open boxes of cereal, crackers, and other products you may have around.
- Seal entry points: Cockroaches can enter your home through cracks and crevices in the foundation or walls. Seal cracks or holes with caulk or a similar material.
- Take precautions when traveling: If you’re going to be traveling, especially internationally, it’s important to take precautions against bringing cockroaches back with you in your luggage. Be sure to inspect your bags before leaving for signs of stowaways, and wash all clothes you packed as soon as you return home.
- Call an Exterminator: If you’ve tried everything, but cockroaches are still getting into your home, it may be time to call in reinforcements; professional pest control from HomeShield Pest Control. We can pinpoint the location of the roaches and remove them using safe and effective eco-friendly methods.
At HomeShield Pest Control, we understand how important it is to have a cockroach-free home. With our eco-friendly pest control solutions, we can eliminate these pests and give you peace of mind. Contact us today to schedule a free quote.