How To Recognize A Bed Bug Infestation
The easiest way to recognize a bed bug infestation is if anyone starts to complain about bug bites that happen during the night. Bed bugs are most active about an hour before dawn, and bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito bites.
Both bed bugs and their eggs are visible to the human eye. Eggs will look like small poppy seeds, and adults can grow to approximately 1/4″ in length and have an oval, flattened shape. Bed bugs do not like the sunlight and often hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. They have this in common with mosquitos, though bed bugs do not have wings. Scientifically known as Cimex lectularius (Cimicidae), bed bugs are often found in the nesting areas of birds, bats, and also humans. Because they are often found in beds, sofas, and other human “nesting” areas, they have earned the common name of “bed bug”.
Bed Bug Extermination & Treatment Options
Following are some ways that you can expedite the extermination process:
- Launder bedding and garments at 120 degrees Fahrenheit or hotter to kill bugs and eggs
- Try vacuuming up the infested areas, being careful to get all cracks and crevices
- Scrape bedding and other infested areas as eggs are hard to dislodge
- Work with a pest control professional to treat all infested areas and other areas likely to be infested
- Be sure to treat any former bird or bat nesting areas, as they may also be infested
For more suggestions on how to exterminate your bed bug problem or to get started with a professional bed bug exterminator call us today.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Walnut, CA
Because they are so small and can hide in so many places, bed bug extermination in Walnut can be a lengthy process. Extermination will happen much quicker if you work with a pest control company that has experience eliminating bed bugs. Call HomeShield and we can help you get started eliminating these nasty pests.
Pest Control Services We Provide In Walnut, CA
At HomeShield Pest Control, we provide multiple services for both residential and commercial properties, including:
- Ant control/removal in Walnut, CA
- Aphid control, offering systemic injections
- Bed bug extermination in Walnut, CA
- Bird control in Walnut, CA
- Cockroach control/extermination in Walnut, CA
- Pest control in Walnut, CA
- Rodent exclusion and proofing in Walnut, CA
- Rodent control in Walnut, CA
- Spider control
- Termite control and inspections in Walnut, CA
- Wasp removal
- Wildlife trapping in Walnut, CA
Pests We Treat Against
HomeShield Pest Control’s eco-friendly pest control service solutions for residential and commercial customers in Walnut, California specialize and guard against ants, rats, mice, spiders, black widows, earwigs, silverfish, wasps, cockroaches, bed bugs, fleas, ticks, millipedes, centipedes, and more!
The Local Neighborhoods & Zip Codes We Service
We service the following zip codes in Walnut: 91788, 91789, 91795.
We also service all of the neighborhoods and areas in Walnut, including the areas near and around: Amar Road, Arroyo Park, Butterfield Park, Cal Poly Pomona, Creekside Drive, Creekside Park, Fuerte Drive, Grand Avenue, La Puente Road, Lemon Avenue, Lemon Creek Bicentennial Park, Meadow Pass Road, Mt. San Antonio College, Nogales Street, Pierre Road, Suzanne Park, Temple Avenue, Valley Road, Vejar Road, and Walnut Hills Park.
We also provide pest control in Los Angeles County.