How to recognize a bed bug infestation in Midway City
The easiest way to recognize a bed bug infestation in Midway City is if anyone starts to complain about bug bites that happen during the night. Bed bugs are most active about an hour before dawn, and bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito bites.
Both bed bugs and their eggs are visible to the human eye. Eggs will look like small poppy seeds, and adults can grow to approximately 1/4″ in length and have an oval, flattened shape. Bed bugs do not like the sunlight and often hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. They have this in common with mosquitos, though bed bugs do not have wings. Scientifically known as Cimex lectularius (Cimicidae), bed bugs are often found in the nesting areas of birds, bats, and also humans. Because they are often found in beds, sofas, and other human “nesting” areas, they have earned the common name of “bed bug.”
How to get rid of bed bugs
Because they are so small and can hide in so many places, bed bug extermination in Midway City can be a lengthy process. Extermination will happen much quicker if you work with a pest control company that has experience eliminating bed bugs. Call HomeShield today at (714) 702-1058 and we can help you get started eliminating these nasty pests.
Bed bug extermination and treatment options:
Following are some ways that you can expedite the extermination process:
- Launder bedding and garments at 120 degrees fahrenheit or hotter to kill bugs and eggs
- Try vacuuming up the infested areas, being careful to get all cracks and crevices
- Scrape bedding and other infested areas as eggs are hard to dislodge
- Work with a pest control professional to treat all infested areas and other areas likely to be infested
- Be sure to treat any former bird or bat nesting areas, as they may also be infested
For more suggestions on how to exterminate your bed bug problem or to get started with a professional bed bug exterminator in Midway City, call us at (714) 702-1058.
Other services we provide in Midway City
At HomeShield Pest Control, we provide multiple services for both residential and commercial properties, including:
- Ant removal / control
- Aphid control, offering systemic injections
- Bed bug extermination Midway City
- Bird control
- Cockroach extermination / control
- Lawn care treatment and fertilizing services
- Pest control Midway City
- Rodent exclusion & proofing Midway City
- Rodent control Midway City / removal (rats & mice; also gophers, moles, & voles)
- Spider control (black widow, brown recluse, etc.)
- Termite inspections Midway City
- Termite control treatment services Midway City
- Wasp removal
- Weed control
- Wildlife trapping Midway City
Call (714) 702-1058 to get started today!
Bed Bug Extermination: Midway City Neighborhoods and Zip Codes we Service
We service the following zip codes in Midway City: 92655.
We also service all of the neighborhoods and areas in Midway City, including the areas near and around: Beach Boulevard, Bolsa Avenue, Hazard Avenue, Hayden Elementary School, Jackson Street, John Land Park, Madison Avenue, McFadden Avenue, Newland Street, Park West Park, Roosevelt Avenue, Van Buren Street, Washington Avenue, Westminster Memorial Park.