Help! There Are Spiders All Over My Vero Beach Home!
November 21, 2022
Are spiders all over your home? If so, you probably want to get rid of them fast. Fortunately, there are many ways to do so safely and effectively. For the best spider control techniques to work, you will want to learn where spiders hide in your house, understand the problems that they can create in your home, and get educated on the different factors that cause these unwanted pests to come indoors. If you are struggling with a spider infestation, HomeShield Pest Control provides pest control in Vero Beach you can rely on to exterminate them fast.
Where Can Spiders Hide In My House?
Spiders will generally try to hide in areas that are undisturbed, dark, and often have high humidity. Some favorite spots include:
- Under bathroom and kitchen sinks: Spiders can often be found there because these rooms tend to have abundant water but are only used intermittently.
- In garages and basements: These dark and quiet areas are a haven for spiders, where they can lay eggs undisturbed.
- Cluttered and low-traffic rooms: Attics and rooms that are rarely used or are used for storage will often have spiders in them.
- House plants: Because house plants often have other bugs in them that spiders can eat, and are generally placed in corners, they make for good hiding spots.
Spiders are creative and will find various hiding spots throughout your home as needed. Don’t let them take over, and read on to understand the problems they can create.
The Problems Spiders Can Create In Your Home
Spiders can create a variety of problems in your home. At the very least, they will spin sticky webs in corners and hidden areas, causing more housework than you already have. But beyond that, some types of spiders can also inflict painful and sometimes life-threatening bites. In Florida, some of the venomous species you need to watch out for are the brown recluse, which has a violin-shaped pattern on the cephalothorax, and the black widow spider, recognizable by the red hourglass shape under its abdomen. If spiders have made their way indoors, it is important to learn what attracts them so you can successfully prevent spiders in your home.
What Attracts Spiders To Come Inside People's Homes?
Spiders are attracted by several factors that are generally related to finding food, water, and shelter. For example, spiders might be attracted to:
- Other pest infestations: Flies, mosquitoes, and other insects are a good source of food for spiders. Controlling them might help keep spiders away.
- Stagnant water: Spiders are attracted to high-humidity areas. Try to fix leaks whenever possible.
- Easy entry points: If you have cracks in your walls or foundation, damaged window frames, or gaps around your door frames, spiders will easily get in.
- Trash cans: Try taking out the trash regularly and keeping garbage cans as far away from your home as possible to avoid attracting spiders.
If these prevention methods are not enough to get rid of spiders naturally, it is time to ask for the advice of a professional pest control company with a team of licensed technicians who know how to keep Florida spiders away safely.
The Most Effective Way To Keep Spiders And Other Pest Out Of Your Home
The best way to get rid of spiders is to prevent them from coming indoors as well as apply effective treatments regularly. At HomeShield Pest Control, our experts have the experience required to eliminate many different kinds of spiders from your house. We use prevention methods and products that are safe for your entire household including your pets, including green insecticides proven to work, and offer a 100% service guarantee.
Spiders might be a useful part of the ecosystem, but you probably don’t want them in your house. Contact us today, and we will work with you to find the appropriate treatment plan for your needs and unique situation.