Should I Be Worried About The Spiders In Vero Beach?
October 21, 2022
While many spiders are relatively inoffensive, there are a few types of spiders in Florida that you do not want to see inside your home. If you’ve spotted spiders indoors, it is crucial that you learn to identify them, discover the symptoms of a dangerous spider’s bite, and try six simple and natural spider prevention tips.
If spiders have started to make themselves at home on your property, HomeShield Pest Control provides pest control in Vero Beach that you can rely on to eliminate them effectively.
How To Identify Dangerous Spiders
There are several ways to identify dangerous spiders, but the ones you have to worry about the most in the Vero Beach area are the black widow and the brown recluse spiders. The black widow spider is recognizable by its black and shiny color and the red hourglass under its abdomen. The brown recluse spider has a violin-shaped pattern located on its cephalothorax. If these venomous spiders or any other spiders bite you, read on to learn about the common symptoms of a dangerous spider’s bite.
Common Symptoms Of A Dangerous Spider's Bite
Common symptoms of a dangerous spider’s bite include:
- Reddening of the skin, a rash, or blisters
- Discomfort ranging from itchiness to pain
- Headaches or fever
- Nausea or vomiting
- Trouble breathing
If a spider has bitten you, it is best to seek medical help immediately and prioritize eliminating your infestation while preventing a new one from occurring using natural ways to keep spiders away.
Six Simple And Natural Spider Prevention Tips
To prevent spiders from invading, you might want to try these six simple and natural tips:
- Keep a clean and tidy home: Food attracts spiders and other pests. Keep dining and food prep areas swept up and mopped, and clean your kitchen counters thoroughly, especially in the evening.
- Dust and declutter your home often: Spiders will have more difficulty spinning webs and building nests if your home is regularly dusted and cleaned.
- Fix any leaks you might have: Spiders are attracted to moisture, so fixing leaks and dehumidifying your home can help deter them.
- Install fine-mesh screens on windows: Spiders can come through small cracks in window frames. Keeping them in good shape and installing fine-mesh screens can keep spiders out.
- Keep doors closed: Like people, spiders can come in through open doors. Door sweeps can also help if there is a gap between the floor and the door.
- Schedule regular inspections: A pest control company can help keep infestations at bay.
Sometimes, following all the appropriate tips to prevent spiders in your home isn’t enough to keep spiders at bay, and professional treatments are necessary.
How Do I Get Rid Of Spiders In My House For Good?
The best way to get rid of spiders is to get the help of a pest control company, especially when dealing with a venomous type. At HomeShield Pest Control, we are proud to provide the Vero Beach area with the best spider treatments available that are eco-friendly and safe for your family with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Contact us today for a free estimate, and get rid of dangerous spiders in your house for good.
Don’t let brown recluse and black widow spiders take over your home. Reach out to our licensed and bonded pest control professionals, who will conduct a thorough inspection and determine how to eliminate your spider problem.