How To Recognize A Bed Bug Infestation
The easiest way to recognize a bed bug infestation is if anyone starts to complain about bug bites that happen during the night. Bed bugs are most active about an hour before dawn, and bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito bites.
Both bed bugs and their eggs are visible to the human eye. Eggs will look like small poppy seeds, and adults can grow to approximately 1/4″ in length and have an oval, flattened shape. Bed bugs do not like the sunlight and often hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. They have this in common with mosquitos, though bed bugs do not have wings. Scientifically known as Cimex lectularius (Cimicidae), bed bugs are often found in the nesting areas of birds, bats, and also humans. Because they are often found in beds, sofas, and other human “nesting” areas, they have earned the common name of “bed bug”.
Bed Bug Extermination & Treatment Options
Following are some ways that you can expedite the extermination process:
- Launder bedding and garments at 120 degrees Fahrenheit or hotter to kill bugs and eggs
- Try vacuuming up the infested areas, being careful to get all cracks and crevices
- Scrape bedding and other infested areas as eggs are hard to dislodge
- Work with a pest control professional to treat all infested areas and other areas likely to be infested
- Be sure to treat any former bird or bat nesting areas, as they may also be infested
For more suggestions on how to exterminate your bed bug problem or to get started with a professional bed bug exterminator call us today.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Cameron Park, CA
Because they are so small and can hide in so many places, bed bug extermination can be a lengthy process. Extermination will happen much quicker if you work with a pest control company that has experience eliminating bed bugs. Call HomeShield and we can help you get started eliminating these nasty pests.
Specialty Services We Provide In Cameron Park, CA
At HomeShield Pest Control, we provide a variety of specialty pest control services, including the following options:
- Ant control
- Aphid control, offering systemic injections
- Attic cleaning services Cameron Park
- Bed bug control
- Bird control
- Cockroach control
- Pest control Cameron Park
- Rodent control Cameron Park
- Rodent exclusion services Cameron Park
- Spider control
- Termite control and inspections Cameron Park
- Wasp removal
- Wildlife trapping
The Local Neighborhoods & Zip Codes We Service
We service the following zip code in Cameron Park: 95682
We also service all of the neighborhoods and areas in Cameron Park, including the homes off of Meder Road, Cameron Park Drive, Cambridge Road, Country Club Drive, Green Valley Road, Dear Valley Road, Starbuck Road, Bass Lake Road, and all areas around the Cameron Park Country Club and Golf Course, Hacienda Park, Royal Oaks Park, and Cameron Park Lake.