How To Recognize A Bed Bug Infestation
The easiest way to recognize a bed bug infestation is if anyone starts to complain about bug bites that happen during the night. Bed bugs are most active about an hour before dawn, and bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito bites.
Both bed bugs and their eggs are visible to the human eye. Eggs will look like small poppy seeds, and adults can grow to approximately 1/4″ in length and have an oval, flattened shape. Bed bugs do not like the sunlight and often hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. They have this in common with mosquitos, though bed bugs do not have wings. Scientifically known as Cimex lectularius (Cimicidae), bed bugs are often found in the nesting areas of birds, bats, and also humans. Because they are often found in beds, sofas, and other human “nesting” areas, they have earned the common name of “bed bug”.
Bed Bug Extermination & Treatment Options
Following are some ways that you can expedite the extermination process:
- Launder bedding and garments at 120 degrees Fahrenheit or hotter to kill bugs and eggs
- Try vacuuming up the infested areas, being careful to get all cracks and crevices
- Scrape bedding and other infested areas as eggs are hard to dislodge
- Work with a pest control professional to treat all infested areas and other areas likely to be infested
- Be sure to treat any former bird or bat nesting areas, as they may also be infested
For more suggestions on how to exterminate your bed bug problem or to get started with a professional bed bug exterminator call us today.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In San Marino, CA
Because they are so small and can hide in so many places, bed bug extermination in San Marino can be a lengthy process. Extermination will happen much quicker if you work with a pest control company that has experience eliminating bed bugs. Call HomeShield and we can help you get started eliminating these nasty pests.
Other Services We Provide In San Marino, CA
At HomeShield Pest Control, we provide multiple services for both residential and commercial properties, including:
- Ant removal / control
- Aphid control, offering systemic injections
- Bed bug extermination San Marino
- Bird control
- Cockroach extermination / control
- Pest control San Marino
- Rodent exclusion & proofing San Marino
- Rodent control San Marino / removal (rats & mice; also gophers, moles, & voles)
- Spider control (black widow, brown recluse, etc.)
- Termite inspections San Marino
- Termite control San Marino
- Wasp removal
- Wildlife trapping
Call us now to get started today!
The Local Neighborhoods & Zip Codes We Service
We service the following zip codes in San Marino: 91108, 91118.
We also service all of the neighborhoods and areas in San Marino, including the areas near and around: California Boulevard, Del Mar Avenue, Euston Road, Garfield Avenue, Huntington Drive, Kenilworth Avenue, Kensington Road, Lacy Park, Lombardy Road, Lorain Road, Monterey Road, Old Mill Road, Orlando Road, San Gabriel Boulevard, San Marino Avenue, Shenandoah Road, Sherwood Road, Sierra Madre Boulevard, and The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens.
We also provide pest control in Los Angeles County.