How to recognize a bed bug infestation in Linda
The easiest way to recognize a bed bug infestation in Linda is if anyone starts to complain about bug bites that happen during the night. Bed bugs are most active about an hour before dawn, and bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito bites.
Both bed bugs and their eggs are visible to the human eye. Eggs will look like small poppy seeds, and adults can grow to approximately 1/4″ in length and have an oval, flattened shape. Bed bugs do not like the sunlight and often hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. They have this in common with mosquitos, though bed bugs do not have wings. Scientifically known as Cimex lectularius (Cimicidae), bed bugs are often found in the nesting areas of birds, bats, and also humans. Because they are often found in beds, sofas, and other human “nesting” areas, they have earned the common name of “bed bug.”
How to get rid of bed bugs
Because they are so small and can hide in so many places, bed bug extermination in Linda can be a lengthy process. Extermination will happen much quicker if you work with a pest control company that has experience eliminating bed bugs. Call HomeShield today and we can help you get started eliminating these nasty pests.
Bed bug extermination and treatment options:
Following are some ways that you can expedite the extermination process:
- Launder bedding and garments at 120 degrees fahrenheit or hotter to kill bugs and eggs
- Try vacuuming up the infested areas, being careful to get all cracks and crevices
- Scrape bedding and other infested areas as eggs are hard to dislodge
- Work with a pest control professional to treat all infested areas and other areas likely to be infested
- Be sure to treat any former bird or bat nesting areas, as they may also be infested
For more suggestions on how to exterminate your bed bug problem or to get started with a professional bed bug exterminator in Linda, call us today.
Other services we provide in Linda
At HomeShield Pest Control, we provide multiple services for both residential and commercial properties, including:
- Ant removal / control
- Aphid control, offering systemic injections
- Attic cleaning services Linda
- Bed bug extermination Linda
- Bird control
- Cockroach extermination / control
- Lawn care treatment and fertilizing services
- Pest control Linda
- Rodent exclusion & proofing Linda
- Rodent control Linda / removal (rats & mice; also gophers, moles, & voles)
- Spider control (black widow, brown recluse, etc.)
- Termite inspections Linda
- Termite control Linda
- Wasp removal
- Weed control
- Wildlife trapping Linda
Call now to get started today!
Bed Bug Extermination: Linda Neighborhoods and Zip Codes we Service
We service the following zip code in Linda: 95961.
We also service all of the neighborhoods and areas in Linda, including the areas near: Avondale Avenue, Dantoni Road, Feather River Boulevard, Fenwood Drive, Grand Avenue, Griffith Avenue, Hammonton Smartville Road, Island Avenue, Jason Drive, Lindhurst Avenue, North Beale Road, Peach Tree Gold and Country Club, POW/MIA Park, Simpson Lane, Turnberry Drive, Yuba Community College, and the Yuba Country Airport.